is DoorDash a good side hustle? When people are seeking for a quick way to make a lot of money, their thoughts often turn to the quickest ways to generate a lot of money.
But what if all you need is a tried-and-true side hustle like DoorDash?
In this article, we’ll see if DoorDash is an effective way to earn some extra money.
What is DoorDash?
You’re not alone if you’ve never heard of DoorDash. In any case, DoorDash is a popular food delivery service that brings your favorite restaurant directly to your home. However, it also provides a flexible side hustle opportunity for people looking to make extra money on the side.
You can make extra money on the side by becoming a dasher with the DoorDash app. It enables you to accept and finish delivery orders quickly and easily, making it a quick and effective way to earn money as a side hustle.
With DoorDash operating in many different locations, you have access to a wide number of meal delivery options. Being a dasher with DoorDash can be a terrific alternative if you’re searching for a side hustle that combines flexibility and income possibilities.
How to Become a Dasher with DoorDash
Signing up to be a Dasher is a simple process that can be completed in minutes! To get your application started, you only need to input basic information.
- Dashers must be at least 18 years old to participate in DoorDash.
- Have access to a vehicle (you can also deliver on a scooter or bicycle in some cities)
- To use the app, you must have a smartphone (android or iPhone).
- Have a current license number
- If you live in the United States, you must have a Social Security number.
- Accept the background check
- After you have all joined up, you must download the Dasher app and start earning!
How Does DoorDash Work?
You can get scheduled to take orders on the app once you’ve been approved and set up.
- When you receive an order as a DoorDash Dasher, you will receive a notification with delivery information.
- Accepting the order will take 45 seconds.
- If you accept the order, the route to the store will be displayed, and you will be on your way.
- After securing the meal, you’ll be on your way to the customer; make sure to stay in touch to ensure a smooth delivery.
- The consumer can rate you once you deliver, and DoorDash will record your delivery as completed.
- You are now well on your way to earning some additional money!
DoorDash Dasher Pay Model:
- Base Pay – You will always earn a base pay for any delivery. This is calculated based on the estimated time, distance, and desirability of the order
- Tips – As always, customers have the option to leave you a tip on their order, which you will receive 100% of
- Promotions – If there are Challenges occurring or Peak Pay, more pay for when it is super busy, you will add more to your pay
How Much Do Doordash Drivers Make
Drivers for DoorDash make between $1,045 and $7,000 a month on average, according to Glassdoor, however this varies greatly by city.
Can you make $100 a day doing DoorDash?
earning $100 each day DoorDashing is reachable in certain ways. The calculations above show that in order to make $100, you would need to labor four hours a day or make ten deliveries. Understand that these are only approximate amounts, and your actual earnings may exceed the estimates.
Is DoorDash a Good Side Hustle?
Yes, for anyone looking for a side gig, DoorDash can be a profitable option. It’s a great alternative for part-time job because of its flexible hours and consistent potential customers.
Can I make $1000 a week doing DoorDash?
To be really honest, in order to earn $1,000 per week on DoorDashing, you must work at least 50 hours per week.
Difference Between DoorDash vs Uber
There are three main reasons to choose DoorDash over Uber
- You don’t have to have passengers in your car
- There are no requirements around your mode of transportation
- Get some steps in while working!
Conclusion: Is DoorDash a Good Side Hustle
DoorDash can be an excellent way to add to your income while also giving you the freedom to work on your own schedule. Many dashers have found success on the platform, benefiting from a user-friendly software, flexible working hours, and the possibility to earn significant money.
However, before getting in, it’s important to weigh both the positives and cons. While DoorDash is a convenient way to make money, there are some drawbacks, including as inconsistent pay rates and potential vehicle wear and tear.